We have for several years dreamt of sailing from Norway to the Caribbean. We are now on our way in our little ship "Bonanza", and we'll keep you updated on this page.

12.27.2005

What happened to Jon?

Since I'm not on the boat anymore I am perhaps not supposed to write here, but I could not resist one last post. As you all know I left Trinidad before christmas instead of after, as I had originally planned. Mainly I left back home so early because a friend of mine suddently called me in Brazil and said he was getting married. On new years eve... So if I wanted to come, I had to either leave from Trinidad, as I did, or I had to spend most of the christmas week travelling on airports and ferries.

For you guys still on bonanza I can tell you that milk does not taste anything like the powder we called milk. Sleeping in a bed where I am able to stretch fully is not too bad, and no I did not get a cold-shock when I got back to Norway.

Finally I'll miss both the boat, the crew and all the sailors I've met on the tour (that I did not meet in Beque as planned). May you all have A MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I will however still do some tweeks here and there on the webpage while I'm here in Norway.